If you are anything like me you are super excited about the new phase we are all entering into when it comes to sheltering at home and enforced quarantine. What’s this phase? Why, the slow relaxation of the rules and guidelines and the reintroduction of us to the outside. A.K.A. that place called the world.
But perhaps you are also feeling a little confused, because things aren’t exactly clear as to what we are and are not allowed to or supposed to do. So I just wanted to share some thoughts from one soul sister, or mamma, to another… to keep you all safe.
1. If you live in a built up area and are therefore likely to encounter people when you go outside, do dress appropriately… i.e. wear your mask. I know there are people on both sides of this debate telling us to wear them and telling us not to, but until we know for sure, I’d urge you to continue to take precautions just to play it safe. If it’s kept you safe in the supermarket and pharmacy, etc. so far, then it is doing it’s job.
2. Do carry tissues, baby wipes or gloves, so that you don’t need to touch anything with your hands. And also a sanitiser, that way you won’t be caught out. I like to wash my hands before I go out and then use baby wipes on any doors which I then dispose of afterwards so that my hands don’t touch a single thing. Essentially, just be clean. Think GERMS!!!.
3. Leave your shoes outside your door so that outside never comes in and as an extra precaution you could strip right inside the door and immediately wash both yourself and those discarded things and then the floor space where you dropped the clothes. Or a handy tip is to place a towel by the door before you go out and step onto it when you return and drop your clothes there. You can then bundle it up with the clothes inside and put the whole thing in the wash.
4. If you buy anything, wash it as soon as you get back or leave it outside in the sun for 1-3 days. You can also spray it with a good sanitiser.
5. If you took any exercise equipment out with you, like a bike, like weights, like a skateboard, etc… either leave it outside in the sun too or wash it down to sterilise it.
This might sound mighty extreme to some of you. And to others maybe not extreme enough. But I feel there is a danger in feeling too safe and too relaxed too quickly before we really know what is going on. Let’s not forget we are all human guinea pigs inside a giant sized experiment and it would be terrible after all of this being careful and waiting for so very long, and all of the hardship and sacrifice, if things went backwards almost at once by flaring up curve of new infections again.
I have always been conscious of hygiene and germs by nature, and most of the things I once did and got stared at for are now things that are being put out there as best practice guidelines. In my opinion, being clean and conscious of hands on surfaces and germs on things, is just sensible and it works as I rarely catch things like colds and flue.
Let us all be super mindful and present to each other, our loved ones and neighbours and strangers alike so that, as far as possible, we all remain safe. Afterall, we all want the same outcome: life got resume and people to stay well.
If you would like to know more about what is going on right now and would also like to hear more about my thoughts… I discuss the things that are coming up for me and how I am attempting to mother, manage, navigate and clear them on my YouTube channel in a section called A Little Light. There are also lots of tarot card readings covering the pandemic, as well as love, relationships, career, health and life, etc. Have a browse, give me a thumbs up, subscribe and leave a comment if you have anything you would like to share, ask or add.
Thank you for reading and have a blessed day. x