- Has creativity ever brought you comfort during a difficult time?
- Has starting a new project helped you to feel more grounded and settled within your immediate environment?
Often the meditative and creative aspects of craft work can be just what the doctor ordered when it comes to coping with life challenges. And this is especially true of knitting.
This weekly group focuses on the use of knitting for personal wellbeing, both physical and emotional. It is aimed at those with at least basic skills *. We meet for two hours each week in a friendly café to eat toast and cakes and drink coffee and tea. Members are like-minded soul-seekers, each with their own stories, burdens and advice to share. Escape for a morning and discover what knitting, when applied in this way, can do for you.
Newcomers welcome. Mothertongue unimportant, although it is preferable to be proficient enough in English to join in a conversation.
Monday: 11 am – 1 pm
The Room: Carrer de Cotoner, 47, 07013, Palma de Mallorca
Price: €3 *
Book now to reserve your place.
* If you require tuition, this is an additional €15/hr and needs to be prearranged so that I can bring materials for us to work with.
Benefits: 10 reasons why knitting is good for you
- Research shows that the rhythmic movements of knitting induce a state that is similar to that obtained during meditation.
- Knitting encourages feelings of peace and relaxation.
- The repetitive movements of knitting are proven to elevate serotonin levels in the brain, which in turn enhances mood and helps to provide relief from pain.
- Knitting is good for coordination and memory, with those who practice it reporting noticeable improvements.
- Knitting can be used to break the cycle of bad habits, providing a constructive and enjoyable alternative for the body and the mind.
- Knitting is a wonderful hand exercise, which can improve function and coordination for a whole range of conditions, including RSI and arthritis.
- Knitting alongside others fosters a sense of belonging, enabling people to come together, communicate and make friends.
- Having a purpose and a structure motivates people to be active. It gives a sense of achievement when tasks are completed or new skills learnt.
- A sure outcome that can be planned, knitting can give control over one area of life in an environment where everything else may be in turmoil.
- Accessible any time and in any situation, knitting is the ideal portable self-soothing tool.
For more information, please see:
Additionally, if you would like to enquire about booking a session with me in private, please contact me with your request.
To be healed is having an awareness that you were never broken
To keep up to date with my progress and receive love and light in your inbox, send me your email address.